Saturday, April 13, 2024

The reason I skip English Corner Yesterday

 


The reason I skip English Corner Yesterday

Unlocking Opportunities: English Speech Contest and Its Benefits for Students

The reason I didn't go to the English corner yesterday was because I received an invitation to participate in an English speech contest. Initially, I was unaware of the purpose of the invitation, but it turned out that I was invited to be one of the judges. Coincidentally, I also met some of my friends from the English corner at the event.

Participating in the English speech contest was a delightful experience. Towards the end of the event, I was called upon to deliver a few words. I had recorded my remarks, which you can find on YouTube. During my speech, I emphasized the significance of such activities in providing students with opportunities to practice public speaking and overcome their nervousness. Only through practice can one truly develop these skills.

Moreover, engaging in these activities offers a safe environment where there is little at stake. The risks are minimal, perhaps only a few points, unlike real-life business situations where one's job or clients may be at risk. Students can enhance their abilities without endangering anything and have a great time in the process. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy attending such activities and sincerely hope to receive more invitations in the future.

Those who choose not to participate or attend such activities are unaware of what they are missing out on. It's possible that later in life, they may regret having missed the opportunity to improve themselves in a skill that holds significant importance in both business and job settings.

Marcelo Gameiro

Article by Marcelo Gameiro

Published 25 May 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment